Saturday, July 12, 2008

Date Night!

Friday nights have become our "Date Night" (and I would recommend this to all you married people).  Sometimes our dates consist of a fun stroll through the aisles of the local Sam's Club, feasting on the free samples. While other times we try out a restaurant that we've never been to. However, last night our date was a little more interesting (and expensive).  After a great dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse, we went to the DTE Energy Theatre and were entertained by MARTINA MCBRIDE. WOW!  Our first live encounter with Martina was in Sault Ste. Marie, 9 years ago (almost to the day) on our 20th wedding anniversary. That was when I fell in love with her music. The passion she puts into her songs is amazing. For such a little, and I mean little, person, she has so much power in her voice.  An amazing evening with my amazing husband. Thank you Rog for knowing me!  Sorry it wasn't John Denver :-)
Did you do the math? Nine years ago? If not, let me clue you in. Next Sunday is our 29th wedding anniversary!  Twenty-nine years! WOW!  I can't wait to see what the next 29 years has in store for us.  I love you hon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I'm so excited!!! Just in case I forget (and I probably will) happy anniversary on Sunday!

Wilma said...

So glad you are sharing your blog with us. Great looking format!

Candle (C & L) said...

Nice blog - Happy (very!) belated anniversary
God Bless
Charlie

Candle (C & L) said...

Greatblog - Happy (very!!) belated anniversary
God Bless
Charlie