Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Then There Were Three


Yes, we get more crazy each day it seems. We left Lady in Indiana to finish off her training and came home only to pick up a new puppy. Meet Duke! Our new English Setter. That means that when we bring Lady home at the end of September we will have 3 dogs! And we still have Pippen our adopted parrot. Can you believe that the bird has survived in a house full of bird dogs?

Roger has really enjoyed this new hobby of bird hunting with his dogs. The newest aspect of this sport is the dog trials, which I am proud to say that Josey has received "hardware" for. That's a trophy for those of you who are a little behind on the lingo.

Actually, I have to admit it. I too am starting to get hooked in the sport as well. I am actually being talked into entering a trial with one of the dogs. I can direct the dog and bring a shooter (Roger) cause I can't shoot worth a flip. I am a little intimidated entering this "man's world" but I just might do it. One day! Yes, I think I am going crazy!

What is so cool about all this is that Roger and I have found one more thing that we enjoy doing together. One more way that we are enjoying living loved!

2 comments:

Wilma said...

Would it be an accurate accessment to say "Our girls are goin' to the dogs!"?

Unknown said...

I think it's wonderful that you are finding enjoyable things to do together. And to answer Mom's question, you've still got Linda.