Sunday, October 19, 2008

Family


When I hear the word family, many things go through my mind. I think of laughter, roast beef, games, warmth. Seems like the word family to me brings joy. Unfortunately I don't think that everyone feels the same about family. I am so blessed that God put me in the family that he did. I am also blessed that God gave me the husband and children that he has.
Last weekend we were able to spend some quality time with our kids and grandkids! It wasn't a long visit but the drive was well worth it! We reconnected quickly with Bayleigh and Madison. Bayleigh entertained us for a good part of the weekend. She now calls us Pepaw and Memaw! She loves to talk but many times has her own language. She entertains herself well and loves bubbles. Madison, although fighting a cold, shared some of her personality with us. She stands up on her own but it still a little afraid to take that first step!
Our kids are doing great. They really aren't kids any more. Jessica is in her 3rd year university. Can you believe that? She is doing great with her studies and getting ready to start volunteering as a first responder at the university. We are very proud of her. Kyle is busy with his 8 month placement in the Soo working with the Chief of Staff. I guess our son is really going to be a doctor! I would love to let his 4th grade teacher know that! We couldn't ask for a better mother for our grandkids than Anna. She loves those kids so much and seems to enjoy being a stay at home mom. She even puts up with our son and all his adventures.
As you can see in the picture, the Fowler family met up with us later in the day on Saturday. We were able to get all of us (except Esther's husband who was away studying and their baby Naomi who was sleeping) together for the photo. Quite a clan of kids.
And the news of the weekend was that there is going to be another Lansdell/Fowler baby in April '09!!! Hey little baby, you are one blessed child to be born into the loving family that God has selected for you!
We are truly living loved!

2 comments:

Wilma said...

Loved your blog!

Unknown said...

Very sweet. Adorable picture. Can't wait to meet Avery.