Saturday, June 27, 2009

Arachnophobia


It all started when I was carrying some laundry down to the basement laundry room. At the bottom of the stairs I was met by what I call a very large spider. I didn't really notice him until I was almost past him. Knowing that he didn't belong in my house, I knew what I needed to do, KILL HIM!

I grabbed a flip-flop from my gym bag (now is the time that I wished that I was a size 13, a mere size 8 didn't look nearly big enough to do the job). I approached the spider, determined to reach out and smash him. As I got closer, it kept going through my mind how far spiders can jump! Yikes! I just couldn't do it!

Plan B. I'll look to see if we have any bug spray in the basement! That would do the job. At least I could stun him before I whacked him. Bingo! I found a jug that has one of those spray hose thingys! Almost empty but enough to kill one spider. Armed with this deadly spray I approach again and feverishly squeeze the trigger! Nothing happened. Try again. Still nothing.

Now, Roger is upstairs and I am thinking about going and getting him to kill this monster for me. Do I face the ridicule of acting ridiculous or do I kill this spider? After weighing this question, I decide I can handle the ridicule. Now, to get past this spider and run upstairs before he jumps on me!

Whew, I made it up stairs hoping my hero will rescue me! However, not only did I receive the much needed lecture, but he sent me back down to finish the job. Now what kind of love is that?

His suggestion, put some shoes on and step on him. Okay, here I go again. When I realize I just can't get my body that close to him, I find a roll of paper towels and whack him so hard there wasn't much left of him. Yea! I did it! I was so proud!

Then I realize, love doesn't always give in to what the other thinks they need, love encourages the other to accomplish things that they think are impossible.

Thank you hon, for loving me so much that you wouldn't kill that very large spider

1 comment:

Wilma said...

Oh my goodness! What kind of spider was it? I can't believe it was still there after all your running around to find some way to kill it. When we lived in Texas the tarantula's were my big thing. Had a few run in's with them but I never killed one. Guess I would have if I had to. I'm glad I was not in a position where I had to do it.